ALL OF THE BOOKS BELOW ARE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM
- “Getting the Love you Want” by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
- “Making Marriage Work” by Harville Hendrix Ph.D. and Helen Hunt, Ph.D
- “Keeping the Love you Find” by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D
- “Giving the Love that Heals” by Harville Hendrix Ph.D. and Helen Hunt, Ph.D.
- Conscious Parenting by Dr. Shefali Tsubury
- “Parenting Without Power Struggles” Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids While Staying Cool, Calm, and Connected by Susan Stiffelman
- www.understood.org-website for families who have children with different learning styles
- www.childmind.org-website that offers parents information on dealing with various learning/ emotional issues in their children
Camp for Adopted children: http://campclio.org/
Pact.org-great website for families who have adopted children, particularly transracial adoption
Highly recommended books to read to young children:
- “This Child of Mine”
- “A Mother for Choko”
“Journey to Same Sex Parenthood” by Eric Rosswood
“Beyond Magenta -Transgendered Teens Speak Out” by Susan Kuklin
“The Transgender Workbook” by Ry Testa
“Transgender 101” – by Nick Teich- A good quick read that provides the nuts and bolts
“Just Add Hormones” by Matt Kailey
“Trans Bodies Trans Selves” by Laura Erickson-Schroth
“Transgender Explained for Those Who Are Not” by Joanne Herman
“Passionate Marriage” by David Schnarch, Ph.D.
“Joy of Gay Sex” by Charles Silverstein, Ph.D. & Felice Picano
“Gay Sex: A Manual for Men Who Love Men” by Jack Hart
Divorce- Books have been recommended by website getasmartdivorce.com
- Books for Adults
- Crazy Time
- The Divorce Organizer & Planner
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House
- The Switching Hour
- Still Hot
- Life After Divorce
- Books for Parents
- What About The Kids?
- Making Divorce Easier On Your Child
- Difficult Questions Kids Ask About Divorce
- Books for Teenagers
- Surviving Divorce
- Kids’ Advice To Kids
- Divorce Workbook For Teens
- The Divorce Express
- Books for Toddlers
- When I Feel Angry
- Mom and Dad Don’t Live Together
- Two Homes
- Mama And Daddy Bear’s Divorce
- Books for Children (ages 4-to-8)
- Good-Bye, Daddy!
- Dinosaurs Divorce
- Was It the Chocolate Pudding?
- Standing on My Own Two Feet
- I Don’t Want to Talk About It
- My Family’s Changing
- Books for Children (ages 9-to-12)
- The Boys and Girls Book About Divorce
- Divorce Workbook For Children
- What in the World Do You Do When Your Parents Divorce?
- Divorce is Not the End of the World